Re: filmscanners: Re: computers, scanners

Hi Paul.

patton paul wrote:

> I'm a serious amateur photographer, and am considering purchasing a new
> Macintosh computer for use in filmscanning and image processing, among
> other things.  I'm currently considering two machines, a Macintosh G3
> powerbook (400Mhz, 10Gb), which is currently on sale for $1,800 (a good
> price for a Mac laptop),

Laptop LCD displays are totally unsuitable for any serious image editing, and
you'll most likely run into problems with lack of memory (RAM) too.  256 meg
is really the minimum, if you don't want to be twiddling your thumbs for hours
while the computer and scanner have a leisurely chat to each other.

Regards,     Pete.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.