Re: filmscanners: Provia 400F - Actually a pretty fine film! It scans well too.

  • To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
  • Subject: Re: filmscanners: Provia 400F - Actually a pretty fine film! It scans well too.
  • From: "bjs" <bjs1@home.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 01:26:52 -0800

I've added some examples of Provia400F on a temporary test page.  Canon
FS2710.  Both full resolution to assess the grain and then downsampled to
match Terry's examples.

Page is at:  http://photoscope2.homestead.com/files/proviaf_400_examples.htm

IMHO, it's a bit contrasty and far too grainy for my taste.  Heavily
downsampled web images looked OK but full resolution and 8x10 printouts
looked bad to me.

Byron